1. Read our 'About' page. This explains our motivation and the mission of the magazine.
2. Submissions should be previously unpublished. This includes on your own personal website, newsletter, other print media, etc.
3. Written submissions should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .odf, .pdf, .rtf. Photography/digital artwork submissions should be in one of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, TIFF.
4. Polish it. Submit your best version of the story - turn on spellcheck and format properly. Double space, font size 12 and a standard font (we recommend Garamond, Verdana, or Times New Roman), and set one inch margins.
5. Size. Just because you have a certain word limit, doesn't mean you should use it all. Tell the story in the amount of space it needs - no more and no less. Having said that, sizes of submissions should be within 20% of the following:
- Photos/digital artwork should be less than 5 MB in size.
- Poetry should be 1,000 words or less.
- Flash can be micro or up to 500 words.
- Short Stories should be 4,000 words or less.
6. Simultaneous submissions to other publications are acceptable. However, if your work is accepted elsewhere first, please withdraw your submission.
7. Please only submit one work at a time. When the current submission is accepted or declined, a new submission may then be turned in for consideration. An exception to this is the submission of a photo or piece of digital artwork to accompany a written piece of work. (Note: We reserve the right to publish both together or individually upon acceptance.)
8. Each submission should include your name, an email contact, and your attached work, at a minimum. You may also choose to include one or more of the following pieces of biographical information for consideration to be included with your work: a personal photo (less than 400 kilobytes in size), your personal website, your author bio (200 words or less), and links to your social media.